6 ways to balance your personal and professional social accounts

Through this term, I had to learn we need to let people engage more in media communication and understand the strength of using social media. A lot of people are still afraid of using it because they either feel unsafe or confused. For example, in my other psychology class, I learned media abuse or verbal bullying though media is a big issue. However, if parents do not let children explore or have the basic knowledge of how to use social media properly, the negative reinforcement will more likely increase the behavior. The school system and family system should build social media learning into their daily lives.

Social media can be very useful not only to express feelings or make friends but also for people can find a lifelong career through social media as well. I heard my friend one time he just posted a blog, a boss in a big company saw his talent and contact him immediately. He is the kind of person who does not like to go out. No one thought he will find a job this fast. However, by chance, he showed his strength online. Furthermore, due to my own experience, I had made so many friends online. I had a homemade bakery and I was using Wechat to advertise. I got a variety of customers during that year. Even though I did not do baking for a long time, those people are still helping me when I faced problems. Social media is like a tree’s root and you are using the branches to reach out to different people.

Papers are easy to lose but storage online and blogs are hard to lose. When we do not have social media we used people’s minds to remember big changes or use books to pass on pieces of knowledge. However, if we write down the history on social media, not only we can remember but also fast to share with other people as well. Also, for applying for a job nowadays, we just do a zoom interview instead travel all the way there if we are going to apply for a job oversea. More and more jobs are requiring technology skills so it is good to learn how to use social media. Social media might influence personal identity but as time pass, society will shift to a new generation and everyone will need to explore social identity in some way.

Reference

https://www.webfx.com/social-media/learn/social-media-marketing-advantages-and-disadvantages/

https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-02490- 5_5